Sunday, February 2, 2014

Embrace

Embrace,

     To take, clasp or enclose in the arms; to press the bosom, in token of affection
     To seize eagerly; to lay hold on, to receive or take with willingness that which is
          offered
     To comprehend; to include or take in
     To comprise; to enclose, to encompass; to contain; to encircle
     To receive; to admit
     To find; to take; to accept
     To have carnal intercourse with
     To put on



Unexpected results.  (Are the results of these words EVER predictable?!?)

I am a "list" person.  I make lists.  And then I knock myself  out to accomplish doing everything on my lists so that I feel good about myself.  It's been highly stressful in the past.  But not so much so today.  Today I took "to find; to take'  'to accept" to heart and just allowed myself to get everything on my list done.  And I did it, too, with complete ease.  I seized eagerly, laid hold on, and received and took with willingness all that the day offered me today.  By so doing, I was kind and patient, even in trying situations, allowing the events of the day to simply unfold while I watched and experienced it.  Constant allowing.  Constant learning.  Constant doing, even if all I am "doing" is sitting on the sofa crocheting or something.  It left me with peace and contentment.  I accept this phenomena with simple acknowledgment and enjoyment.

I originally thought I might have to go around hugging everyone in sight to have an experience with this word.  Thankfully, the word manifested in a different way.  Whew!  That could've been seriously awkward at Winco and the local Dollar Tree.  Gah!  The way this word manifested itself was so much more graciously done than it would have been had I tried to force it by my own limited understanding.

*happy sigh*   A good, busy, peaceful day.  Very good.  I seized eagerly opportunities to do things, but was so laid-back about it all.   NO stress.  No grumpiness.  No pressure to go check my list and push to get it done. I embraced all that was good and marvelous about even the most mundane of my tasks of the day.

Another *happy sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment