Sunday, February 2, 2014

Eternalize

Eternalize,

     To make eternal; to give endless duration to.

Well, uh, I don't know what to say.  I usually meditate on these words the night before I actually use them, but today was a complete surprise to me.  Today was the Sabbath.  The Lord's Day.  I am such a strong believer in His Day.  We go to great lengths to not have to labor on Sundays, and we try really hard to keep the world out and the Spirit of God in.  So, twice as much wood was brought in yesterday so we wouldn't have to do it today.  At least one meal was prepared in advance so we wouldn't have to cook.  That minimized the dishes, so we wouldn't have to do much in that arena either.  We re very careful about the type of music we listen to on the Sabbath, as well.  As you can see, we try very hard to keep still on the Lord's Day so that the Holy Ghost will feel welcome in our home, that our worship and thoughts will be on God.   

I did meditate on this word last night.  I actually woke up with ideas and answers to prayer lining up in my head in perfect order, that I could understand what was happening very clearly.  I even wrote a lot of it down.  They were very sacred to me, so I probably won't share them online.  Suffice it to say, when all was said and done, my day to day perspective was altered quite a bit in that I understood some things longer term than what I was used to.  My meditation and prayers were internalized, brought into focus, opened up to.  As a result, the duration of my understanding was lengthened and broadened into some hard-core truths.  It was downright miraculous!  I learned some eternal truths today!  This was a big deal!  As I learned truth, I felt a relaxation come over me that felt like I'd been set free from some stupid ideas I'd had about these topics, that I can't help but know that there is a God in Heaven.  And He makes a lot of sense when I'm ready for it.  Well, whattaya know?  The truth really does set you free.  I can feel it.  

That, my friends, feels like eternity.  And I feel a part of it within myself.  I have been somewhat eternalized.  It feels great!  

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Coach. Where is your blog post? I need some support. And I am still waiting for an answer to my text of Thursday.

    ReplyDelete