Monday, June 17, 2013

Catching up 3

Well, this was supposed to go on last night, but my computer chord shorted and I couldn't get it on, so I am officially one day behind on the blog, even though I actually wrote it write on schedule in my journal.  So I'll just copy it over to blog and hopefully, barring other technological catastrophies, I will blog again tonight and be completely caught up.  Hoping.......

Sunday, June 16, 2013

C-word:  Chosen

Chosen.  Hmmmm....An adjective, descriptive.  It reminds me of that old Eddie Murphy movie back in the late 1980s, early 1990's called The Chosen .  There was also an awesome book by Chaim Potock (sp) about Hessidic and Orthodox Jews called The Chosen.  The movie had to do with a plot around an old Tibetan prophecy, if I remember correctly.  The book had to do with Jewish birthright.  I actually believe in both prophecy and birthright.  I believe they go hand in hand. 

I could say "I have chosen' to do this or that, but that would be more of a 'go and do' thing, a verb rather than adjective.  However, were I to say "I am chosen", "you are chosen", we're now back in descriptive/adjective mode. 

Jim is chosen, for I chose him.  My children choose team members to be on their baseball or croquet games.  The team members are therefore "chosen". 

Chosen is a derivitive of "choice", in context for these purposes to be used as an adjective; i.e. "I am choice",. 

What have I been chosen for?  I've been chosen as a friend, as a wife.  I've been chosen to play the piano at church.  I've been chosen to do other things, I'm sure, but I can't think of anymore at the moment. :)  I'll have to think on this....

Tomorrow's C-word:  Confident

No comments:

Post a Comment