Monday, July 1, 2013

Considerate

considerate

CONSIDERATE, a. [L. See Consider.]
1. Given to consideration, or to sober reflection; thoughtful; hence, serious; circumspect; careful; discreet; prudent; not hasty or rash; not negligent.
2. Having respect to; regardful; as, considerate of praise. [Little used.]
3. Moderate; not rigorous.
 
Interesting that not one of these definitions give any indication of being considerate of others.  
 
That's what I was looking for all day today.  I was considerate of others, but it was a struggle. With these words, until I know the full meaning and definition, it's a struggle to have an experience with the word if I lean to my own understanding of the word.  I actually like to look up the definition at the end of the day because of the surprise it gives me when I'm way off.  Kinda fun.  
I have been having many thoughts today, as I've considered the difficulties between me and my 14-year-old son.  We've had our challenges today.  And yesterday.  Sigh.  But I've been considering a few things, one of which is how, when we have a little bit of a hard time, we tend to get more serious about the things in life. 
 
I've been reviewing some things, looking at outcomes in our family based on what we do, how we interact with each other.  Interesting findings.  This program is helping reveal many of my flaws and weaknesses.  I am grateful.  I have been "considerate" of this word and it is uncovering some things deep within me.  Wow.  Much to think about.  Much to change.  Bigtime. 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. When we finish the list are we done blogging until the next list or do we keep noticing how the words apply on a daily basis...and interlace with one another? Just curious about how everyone is doing this. I learn so much from everyone else's thoughts. I am often disappointed because there isn't more up to date sharing. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete