Saturday, July 13, 2013

Eliminate

eliminate


ELIM'INATE, v.t. [L. elimino; e or ex and limen, threshhold.]
1. To thrust out of doors.
2. To expel; to thrust out; to discharge, or throw off; to set at liberty.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow.  This is a strong word.  I have been thinking about it all day.  I have not acted on it yet.  I will continue this blog entry in a follow-up tomorrow.  I was serious when I said I should invent a planner, as I think it would be prudent to think on a word before it is employed, or acted upon, then write how it was acted upon in the planner.  These e-words take forethought in a BIG way.  I would not have guessed.

I am partaking of the Sacrament tomorrow morning.  I've been thinking about sins and weaknesses, transgressions out of sheer ignorance.  I have the opportunity to offer upon an altar of the Lord a broken heart and contrite spirit, to offer Him a sin or weakness that I would not otherwise acknowledge.  Knowing that He would  gladly take it helps in my motivation, as long as I'm sincere in giving it. 

Knowing I can't take this lightly, which weakness or sin will I offer?  I have to be completely committed to it for Him to accept it.  What would I "eliminate"?

Do I have anything that I would "thrust out", "discharge", "set at liberty"?  My pride, certainly.  Yes, I think that's what I will commune with God about tomorrow and the coming days/weeks.  This might take some time to "throw off", but I'm certain He'll accept this offering line upon line and precept upon precept as I learn to "eliminate' it.  Maybe the scriptural language with this would be "cast off" pride.  "Eliminate"  is a good, cleansing word.  I will apply it spiritually first, then see how I can act on it during the day tomorrow.  I'll update tomorrow evening.




1 comment:

  1. Larry,
    The Franklin Planner that I use has quotes at the top of the daily journal page of each day. Maybe you could look at one of those and put the daily word w/definition at the top of the journal page.
    Just a thought.
    Tari

    ReplyDelete